Making an Heirloom Diary Functional Again

This is one of those books where you won’t be able to really tell what I did.  The client wanted to retain as much of the original as possible but have it functional and sturdy so that a family member could travel with it.  IMG_0153IMG_0154

I sewed on the front and back sections again because they were loose and I replaced the spine linings with hinge cloth.  I also replaced the external spine because the original material was coming undone and full of holes.IMG_0186IMG_0188

Because the book is full of postcards and inserts, it had warped into an irregular size and the spine is thinner at the top than at the bottom…and now it is ready for another adventure.IMG_0187